The best way to learn about Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design is to do it. If you’re interested in finding out how to make that happen, get in touch. In the meantime, here are a few resources to get you started.
- Design Thinking for Social Innovation Stanford Social Innovation Review, Tim Brown and Jocelyn Wyatt
- Decisions by Design: Stop Deciding, Start Designing Rotman Magazine, Colin Raney and Ryan Jacoby
- Design Thinking Harvard Business Review , Tim Brown
- Informing Our Intuition: Design Research for Radical Innovation Rotman Magazine, Jane Fulton Suri, July 9, 2008
- Can Designers Help Deliver Better Services? Fran Samalionis, July 3, 2009
- Design – Good
How can we use design to solve our biggest problems?
- Austin Center for Design
Austin Center for Design exists to transform society through design and design education.
- Stanford’s Social Innovation Review
A blog that goes with the book about games that are designed to help you get more innovative, creative results in your work. Show you not only how to play them but also how to design them so they fit your own specific work goals.
- Design Thinking
Thoughts by Tim Brown (CEO of IDEO)
- Putting People First
Daily insights on user experience, experience design and people-centered innovation
- IDEO Human-Centered Design Toolkit
The Human-Centered Design (HCD) Toolkit was designed specifically for NGOs and social enterprises that work with impoverished communities in Africa, Asia, and Latin America but has helpful frameworks for anyone.
- Frog Design’s Collective Action Toolkit
The Collective Action Toolkit (CAT) is a package of resources and activities that use design thinking tools to enable groups of people anywhere to organize, build trust, and collaboratively create solutions for problems impacting their community.
- Stanford’s D-School Methods
More of a cook book than a text book, and more of a constant work-in-progress than a polished and permanent piece.
- Service Design Toolkit
This toolkit is an introduction to the methodology of service design.
- Business Model Canvas
The Business Model Canvas, is a strategic management and entrepreneurial tool. It allows you to describe, design, challenge, invent, and pivot your business model
- Ethnography Primer
A quick guide to using an ethnographic approach to understanding people in order to inform design.